It is applicable if you are over 18 and UK-based but are either yet to become a practicing investigator or have been working as an investigator in the private sector for less than 2 years. Click here for criteria. The requisite application form will be emailed to you automatically after payment of the non-refundable application fee AND MUST BE SUBMITTED DULY COMPLETED WITHIN 3 MONTHS.
Applicants check list:
- Provide a criminal conviction certificate no older than 12 months, click here to apply on-line, see Notice & Consent, click here and the Policy Statement, click here
- Prior to membership confirmation, take out professional indemnity insurance at the minimum cover (£500,000), click here to obtain instant on-line quote
- Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office
- Free of unsatisfied monetary judgments or other insolvency
- Two professional and/or character referees who we may contact directly
- Proof of address and identity (this will be achieved with the criminal conviction certificate)
- The membership process culminates in an informal application review by video call (part of ABI quality control).
Applications require considerable administration so the application fee is non-refundable. The application fee is payable using the PayPal link immediately after the on-line registration. The fee includes a ticket to attend the ABI UK GDPR workshop, which is the entry level for membership.