If you are over the age of 18, UK based and have over 2 years’ experience as an investigator in the private sector, you can apply for this category. Click here for criteria. The requisite application form will be emailed to you automatically after payment of the non-refundable application fee AND MUST BE SUBMITTED DULY COMPLETED WITHIN 3 MONTHS.
Applicants will require:
- To provide a criminal conviction certificate no older than 12 months, see Notice & Consent, click here and the Policy Statement, click here
- Prior to membership confirmation take out professional indemnity insurance at the minimum cover, click here to obtain an instant on-line quote
- To be registered with the Information Commissioner's Office
- To be free of unsatisfied monetary judgments or other insolvency
- To provide two professional and/or character referees who we may contact direct
- To prove their address and identity
- To be interviewed by the ABI membership panel (part of ABI quality control)
The interview will be recorded and the recordings retained as a true record in place of fully transcribed Minutes. The recordings will not be shared outside the ABI membership selection procedure without each participating party's Consent. YOU MAY WITHDRAW CONSENT AT ANY TIME BY EMAIL to secretariat@theABI.org.uk
Applications require considerable administration so the fee is non-refundable. The application fee is payable using the PayPal link immediately after the on-line registration.