If you are over the age of 18, UK based and have over 2 years’ experience as an investigator in the private sector, you can apply for this category. Click here for criteria. The requisite application form will be emailed to you automatically after payment of the non-refundable application fee AND MUST BE SUBMITTED DULY COMPLETED WITHIN 3 MONTHS.
Applicants check list:
- Provide a criminal conviction certificate no older than 12 months, click here to apply on-line, see Notice & Consent, click here and the Policy Statement, click here
- Prior to membership confirmation, take out professional indemnity insurance at the minimum cover (£500,000), click here to obtain an instant on-line quote
- Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office
- Free of unsatisfied monetary judgments or other insolvency
- Two professional and/or character referees who we may contact directly
- Proof of address and identity
- The membership process culminates in an informal application review by video call (part of ABI quality control).
Applications require considerable administration so the fee is non-refundable. The application fee is payable using the PayPal link immediately after the on-line registration. The fee includes a ticket to attend the ABI UK GDPR workshop, which is the entry level for membership.