Trace & Open Source Intelligence - Elstree
ABI Academy Workshop
Our team of ABI approved trainers and industry experts offer you a varied programme of essential learning for professionals that aim to be successful professional investigators whether in the private or public sector.
The range of learning opportunities is refreshed regularly. We will not stand still.
In this workshop the ABI Academy will cover:
Trace & Open Source Intelligence
We live in the world of the Internet, which is an endless, mine of information.
A huge iceberg that virtually everybody only sees the tip of.
An investigator is better than that. He understands that the Internet is a doorway to the answers he is looking for. They are in there somewhere most of the time.
The workshop will open your eyes to new search techniques and resources that you were previously unaware of.
The fog will clear and you will see the Internet in a completely new light.
Expert investigators know how to reach the wealth of information that the internet provides access to and this workshop will show you how to approach internet research in a structured, systematic manner to save you time and to maximise results.
An absolute must in today’s digital world.
Open Source Investigation.
The use of the internet as an investigation tool is not new but there is far more to this collection method than a Google search. Open Source investigators need guidance and skills to safely conduct such enquiries so that all legal aspects are adhered to, client confidentiality is maintained and Privacy is not breached.
Theoretical lessons followed by practical tracing sessions, you will carry out hands on research, the subjects covered include:
• Effective use of various search engines
• Searching social networking sites, forums and blogs
• Open sources of information and intelligence
• Research of telephone numbers, addresses and individuals
• Research of company and business information
• Identity of website ownership
• Setting up covert websites and email addresses
• Monitoring of websites and keywords of special interest
Timings: 9:30am - 4:30pm (45 minute lunch break)
What to bring with you:
You should have with you some writing materials – pen and notepad.
For this IT related workshop it will be useful to bring a laptop that can connect to the Internet wirelessly.
You may be provided with handouts during the workshop. A suitable folder to put them in would be useful.
Trainer: Peter Jenkins
- Due to the nature of this workshop very limited places are available.
- The ABI reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event.
- In the event the ABI postpones or cancels this event, only the booking/ticket fee paid will be refunded.
- Should a delegate be unable to attend the ticket may be transferred on giving ABI prior notice.